• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lizakk43

I would like to know how to have a 18 1/2 year old man emancipated. He hasn't lived with me since April and works full time. Also he is a father of a 1 yr old. I am told I am still responsible.
Thanks

LegalBeagle

lizakk43 said:
I would like to know how to have a 18 1/2 year old man emancipated. He hasn't lived with me since April and works full time. Also he is a father of a 1 yr old. I am told I am still responsible.
Thanks
Responsible for what ? CS ?

L

lizakk43

He has gotten in trouble again and needs a lawyer. He wants a public defender, but is told his parents are financially responcible. We live in New York.

LegalBeagle

lizakk43 said:
He has gotten in trouble again and needs a lawyer. He wants a public defender, but is told his parents are financially responcible. We live in New York.
I do not see how.. who is telling him this ? Was the crime committed prior to his 18th birthday ?

L

lizakk43

No, It was after he turned 18. His ex girlfriend accued hm of harrasment. He has been told we re finacially responsible till he is 21.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">