• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shay2013

I am 16 i live in louisiana i will be 17 in two months i been having problems at home for years now...wen i was 13 i reported child abuse because my mother hit me with a stick it wasnt the first time its the first time i reported it and they did nothing. Wen i was 14 i got pregnant and my mom told me that im not going to finish school i cant live with her im stupid and tried to make me abort the bby but i had her and wen i was 15 she pool ut me out because i allowed my bbys father to come get her she dropped me off on a street corner with nothing but the clothes on my back i Had to live with my aunt for almost a month i provided for my self even though i didnt have a job i had money saved up and used it wisely. Later the police came got me she told them i ran away and they didnt bother to hear my story even though i reported her for the second Time for child abuse cause she Hit me with a stick again they made me go home anyway.now im 16 and a week ago she started putting her fingers all in my face because she was mad cause i let 3 people ride with me to Walmart and she Said i didn't have a license which she had been letting me drive almost a year without One she got upset and kept putting her fingers in my face i asked her nicely three times to stop and talk to me like person without putting her hands on me she said she grown she can do that so i went to my room she told me to leave so i left she called the police and told them i just left and didnt say anytthing nd i ran away for 3 days they didnt ask questions they told me if i leave again they will take me to the girls home and take my baby i dnt want that.the police wont listen im hoping a judge will bwcause im about to get a job and try to get me a house and provide for me and my baby on my own which ik can be dne .i was wondering if this is a good reason to be emancipated ? Will the judge even consider it ?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are being abused, call the child protective services.

But no, you will not be emancipated. This is not a valid reason and you don't meet even the first qualification.

shay2013

I've been trying them for years and they do nothing neither do the police ..do i have any other options ?

ecmst12

If the police and CPS have investigated and found that you are not being abused, then you are not being abused. Accept that you will have to do as your mother says for the next 14 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">