• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation/alabama 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m4mullens

What is the name of your state?Al
I have a 17 year old female finace of my Son. She has been in the custody of her mother who lost custody of her and her sibbling years ago.. She only got custody again after the father died of an heart attack last year. She lives in Ohio but is coming here.. Her mother drinks and dose drugs and she dose not want around it.. Thats why she lost custody anyway.. Dose anyone know if Al will allow her to get/emancipation/in this state.. what she would have to do.. She will have a home with us. A seprate room. She will not be sharing the same room with my son.. She will attend school to get her diploma as she is a Senior and hold a part time job. She will not be expected to pay me money for her staying here and getting on with her life.. I will provide her with a car so that she can go back and forth. More than what she has now..

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So basically, what you're saying is that you're going to support her. That's not emancipation. And who on earth thinks being engaged at 17 is a brilliant idea?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stealth2 said:
So basically, what you're saying is that you're going to support her. That's not emancipation. And who on earth thinks being engaged at 17 is a brilliant idea?

My response:

Look, Stealth. Let's be realistic about this matter. Getting married at 17 is a lot better than hanging out at the bowling alley. Besides, there's only just so much to do living in a trailer. So, getting married will give her something to do, like cleaning up after her teenage husband who still throws his clothes on every floor, and picking up cereal bowls in the bathroom, and cleaning the puke off the entryway floor. Marriage is fun!

Remember, it IS Alabama.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">