• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation in alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSO286

well that's not the problem. it's just the fact that i'm unable to prepare myself for life outside of living in group homes because they won't allow me to do anything. now dont get me wrong im very smart and resposible with my money and such. but ive never worked a paid job or even done an interview.....ect
Contat the guidance office at school and seek out help in this area. By the time I graduated high school, I had worked not only for hte school but also maintained outside employment.

A good guidance couselor may be able ot team you up with a community mentor to help you develop interview skills and conduct practice ones.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
well that's not the problem. it's just the fact that i'm unable to prepare myself for life outside of living in group homes because they won't allow me to do anything. now dont get me wrong im very smart and resposible with my money and such. but ive never worked a paid job or even done an interview.....ect
And there are programs in school to help with that, either in your high school or your college when you get there. Talk to the adults there at the group home. Talk to your high school teachers. Talk to the preacher. There are solutions other than what you think you want. Like cbg said, your chances of emancipation in Bama are slim to none and Slim just left town.... :cool:

TinkerBelleLuvr

Another consideration is to start looking for internship and beginning positions with those certificates that you have so that you can have something lined up when you graduate. Think about applying with the union.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
well ive done voulentier work at a soup kitchen. and voulentiered after the april tornadoes in pleasant grove and pratt city. so i know how to work, and not only that but i have a welding certificate and oxy-fuel torch cutting certificate.
That's good, you've got skills and a work ethic. It is NOT the same thing as showing the state that you are capable of earning all the money you will need to pay rent on an apartment, utility bills, food, clothing, medical care, transportation, insurance, etc. etc. etc. while still going to school and getting better than average grades. And sweetheart, I don't mean this nastily, but if your grades are in line with your spelling on this board, you don't meet that qualification either.

anthony1272

oh

yeah.. I'm doing this in between assignments in my business tech applications class. kind of typing in a rush. I'm sorry. but i like the idea of the union suggestion. but will i be able to join while in the group home?

TinkerBelleLuvr

We are giving you areas to EXPLORE while you are still in school. Not saying to JOIN the union until you are able to WORK, but they can give you ideas. Same goes with working with guidance to help you improve the areas you have mentioned.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Teachers are generally teachers because they like to help young people grow. Are there any teachers that you really like who could help do things like proof letters to (fill in the blank) for you? Help you write a resume? Help proof your letters to colleges? Now is the time where you have to start sending in applications. Remember to ask for the waivers if they are asking for $$ - the guidance counselor can help you with that.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
ok, thanks I'll check those out.
Anthony, you live in JeffCo, the largest county in Bama. If there are programs available in Bama, then you can bet those programs will be in JeffCo.

What school district (Bham/JeffCo/Hoover/Mountain Brook) do you attend?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">