• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deathofseasons

Georgia
Im 16 my parents are divorced my father does not want custody of me but my mother does. She is mentally abusive and somewhat physically abusive also, my father is mildly physically abusive.I need to get out of my family situation because the methods im using to cope are very harmful and destroying my future:(. She will not let me live on my own in order to get emancipated i have a place to stay. If i live with relatives i would have to move across the country.Im graduating high school this year (spring or summer) and plan on attending college. Do you have any advice on how to get out of this situation (legally and without destroying my future)?

Proserpina

Georgia
Im 16 my parents are divorced my father does not want custody of me but my mother does. She is mentally abusive and somewhat physically abusive also, my father is mildly physically abusive.I need to get out of my family situation because the methods im using to cope are very harmful and destroying my future:(. She will not let me live on my own in order to get emancipated i have a place to stay. If i live with relatives i would have to move across the country.Im graduating high school this year (spring or summer) and plan on attending college. Do you have any advice on how to get out of this situation (legally and without destroying my future)?

Emancipation means you are supporting yourself completely - without relatives etc.

PLEASE tell someone if you are being abused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">