• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emanicpated Minor Marriage and California Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lina2009

Hi my name is Lina and I am 19. My boyfriend is 16 and he is an emancipated minor. He wants to get married and i was wondering, can an emancipated minor get married in California without parental consent? It doesn't really make sense to me but here are some details to help with the question:

-both his parents did not have custody of him when he was emancipated
-he was granted emancipation by the courts

Does the fact his parents were unable to give permission to get emancipated therefore overthrow the fact that he needs to get permission from them to get married?

If so, are we clear to go ahead and get married or do we need to get a court order or something?

Thanx!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I can't stop laughing a the fact that you're siding with someone who thinks money is the cure to a broken family...i thought i was the idiot?!
I'll just chalk up your attitude to your youthfulness.
I'm just glad that my niece has a better focus on reality than you do. Of course, she's only 7 :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">