• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engagement Ring in KS..does she give it back when she broke it off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JohnBLZ

Hello

I'm a 24 year old in Kansas...my fiance` decided to break off our engagement recently...and has not given me the ring back after repeated attempts to contact her about it....what legal rights do I have here? Can I sue and get it back?

HomeGuru

If you were engaging in sexual activity prior to the marriage, then she is not obligated to give the ring back.

HomeGuru

Aunt Em told me that before the Wizard came to town. The Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion all agreed. Who was I to argue? They said if I didn't believe, I could speak with the Wicked Witch.

There's no place like Home
Guru.

J

JohnBLZ

homeguru....

**** you? is that in clear enough english...I asked a simple question...I wanted a response...not someone feeding me a line of ****...grow up

U

Ukiah

JohnBLZ said:
homeguru....

**** you? is that in clear enough english...I asked a simple question...I wanted a response...not someone feeding me a line of ****...grow up
I thought he did answer you? Didn't he say, and I quote:

"If you were engaging in sexual activity prior to the marriage, then she is not obligated to give the ring back.

Doesn't that mean NO? If there is more to your story... then you should have included it in so that you may get a more complete answer. Just because the guys were having a little fun, doesn't mean they were making a mockery of your situation. Lighten up. You got your answer, if your not satisfied, consult an attorney in your area, or do the research your self.

If there is more to your story, you more than likely won't get any further responses due to your verbal abuse. Good Day.

J

JohnBLZ

having a little fun ...hmm sounds a bit shallow there..i posted here for a legal opinion...not to be mocked by a few dimwits who can come up with nothing other than whether or not I got laid...or where I reside...and btw the dorothy joke is just a tad bit old...I'm disapointed that people that are so 'obviously' intelligent couldn't come up with something better...ciao

LegalBeagle

JohnBLZ said:
having a little fun ...hmm sounds a bit shallow there..i posted here for a legal opinion...not to be mocked by a few dimwits who can come up with nothing other than whether or not I got laid...or where I reside...and btw the dorothy joke is just a tad bit old...I'm disapointed that people that are so 'obviously' intelligent couldn't come up with something better...ciao
I think we can presume you did not get laid then...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">