• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it ethical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nidnee

What is the
name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.
Is this ethical, I am currently in a family court case with my ex husband the trial is set for 2 weeks. Today my ex husbands attorney called my cell phone?? Currently my attorney is in the hospital so I dont know if she returned a phone call to his attorney. This attorney has cornered me in the hall way of family court and has said some not too nice remarks to me. I found this to be very disturbing.

las365

Did you speak to the attorney when he called? If so, what did he say? If not, did he leave a message? If he left a message, what did he say?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you have counsel who has appeared/filed a notice of appearance, your ex's attorney SHOULD NOT be contacting you directly. For any reason.

antrc170

You or preferabbly your attorney needs to notify the court of the interference and intimidation by the opposing attorney. You may also consider filing a complaint with the state bar association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">