• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-boyfriend won't finish moving his stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rightanswer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My boyfriend and I split 7 months ago. We lived in my house which I own. We were together almost 2 years under the same roof and longer than that as a couple.

Problem: He moved the things he needed and has left most of the rest of it. There is a lot of stuff. There is woodworking machinery, furniture, etc. I've asked him to finish and finish quickly but he doesn't care and said he'll do it when he gets around to it. In addition, there is a very old pickup truck that runs for about 3 minutes and a very old motorcycle that doesn't run at all.
How can I force him to move his things out? His unwillingness to do the right thing makes for sleepless nights. Can I just give/throw this stuff away and consider the vehicles as abandoned and sell them or donate them?

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My boyfriend and I split 7 months ago. We lived in my house which I own. We were together almost 2 years under the same roof and longer than that as a couple.

Problem: He moved the things he needed and has left most of the rest of it. There is a lot of stuff. There is woodworking machinery, furniture, etc. I've asked him to finish and finish quickly but he doesn't care and said he'll do it when he gets around to it. In addition, there is a very old pickup truck that runs for about 3 minutes and a very old motorcycle that doesn't run at all.
How can I force him to move his things out? His unwillingness to do the right thing makes for sleepless nights. Can I just give/throw this stuff away and consider the vehicles as abandoned and sell them or donate them?
Send him a letter CRRR letting him know that he has 30 days to remove his possessions from your home or you will dispose of them. Save the CRRR receipt in case he tries to sue you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">