• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX-Boyfriend that won't leave MY apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sphaffire

What is the name of your state? Florida
This email is in reference to a now EX-boyfriend that has lived with me off and on or at his mothers house off and on for the past 2 years.
He currently resides in my apartment AGAINST MY WILL paying no bills, eating up the food with excessive use of my washer and dryer, electricity and gas utilities.
He refuses to leave stating he has nowhere to go. It is NOT my responsiblity to make sure he has a place to go, he is an adult.
He is not employed at this time and has only held employment for very short periods of time during the past 2 years.
He is 30 years old.
Bottom line, I want him out! NOW!
He is verbally abusive to me, he has threatened me bodily harm and my vehicle harm. I am afraid of him.
He has keys, which he stole from me and refuses to give back to my apartment and my vehicle so he thinks he can come and go as he pleases, which he does.
He also takes my vehicle without my permission sometimes not returning until the next day. He is not on my car insurance policy.
He harasses me at work by calling excessively or dropping by my place of employment. This behavior is unacceptable to me and my employer and I need help.
What can I do to get him out of my apartment? My lease states that no one is to reside in the apartment unless they are on the lease, he is not. My 18 year old daughter and I are the only ones on the lease as she lives here also.
He has a crimminal record in Florida for domestic violence and also in South Carolina for felony charges. He has psychiatric issues that he does take meds for but still do not feel he is rational at times.
He has also forced himself on me sexually 2 times.
I am afraid for myself and my daughter. I feel like the situation is escalating everytime I ask him when he is leaving he is very belligerant towards me.
What can I do to get this man out of my apartment?
I have asked him to leave repeatedly. He states I will have to file an eviction notice to him and then he will have 30 days before he has to leave. ??????

I feel like a prisioner in my own home! I work and pay the bills here not him but feel like he is running the show so to speak.

Thank you for your time. In Florida.

LdiJ

If he is really abusive and forcing himself on you sexually then get a restraining order against him and get the cops to force him to leave.

Otherwise, serve him with an eviction notice, and report your car as stolen the next time he takes it.

Try to find a way to get the keys back from him as well....like when he is sleeping or in the shower.

sphaffire

where do I go?

Where do I go to file a protective order or restraining order?
How quickly does it take effect?
If there a fee involved?

Thanks.

Litigation!

sphaffire said:
He has a crimminal record in Florida for domestic violence and also in South Carolina for felony charges. He has psychiatric issues that he does take meds for but still do not feel he is rational at times.

MY RESPONSE: And, of course, you didn't know any of this when you asked him to live with you, right?

He has also forced himself on me sexually 2 times.

MY RESPONSE: Yeah, but those other 100 times when he cream-pied you, wow, that was HOT!!

IAAL

sphaffire

This Is To Mr. Litigation

YOU ARE A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR AN ATTORNEY, THAT IS IF YOU ARE ONE! IF YOU AREN'T THEN YOU SUCK AS A HUMAN BEING. :eek:
I'M SURE YOU HAVE NEVER MADE ANY MISTAKES IN YOUR LIFE. PEOPLE COME TO THIS FORUM TO BE HELPED NOT RIDICULED. THIS MUST BE YOUR WAY TO PASS TIME, HOW SAD FOR YOU.

Litigation!

sphaffire said:
YOU ARE A TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR AN ATTORNEY, THAT IS IF YOU ARE ONE! IF YOU AREN'T THEN YOU SUCK AS A HUMAN BEING. :eek:
I'M SURE YOU HAVE NEVER MADE ANY MISTAKES IN YOUR LIFE. PEOPLE COME TO THIS FORUM TO BE HELPED NOT RIDICULED. THIS MUST BE YOUR WAY TO PASS TIME, HOW SAD FOR YOU.

My response:

Child Protective Services doesn't take kindly to the "mistakes" you made with your child by bringing a known criminal and miscreant around your child. You had a duty to protect your child from such a person. But, no. You felt your crotch was more important.

Hey, we all get what we deserve, and you've got yours.

IAAL

sphaffire

To MR. LITIGATION

WHY ARE YOU ON HERE?? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FORUM FOR PEOPLE TO COME AND GET HELP, SERIOUS HELP.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING DECENT TO SAY OR THAT WOULD BE OF ANY HELP TO ANYBODY THEN SHUT THE HELL UP.
YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME AS A PERSON EXCEPT WHAT I TOLD YOU. quote....."WE ALL GET WHAT WE DESERVE, SO I GUESS YOU GOT YOURS"
SCREW YOU.
I Didn't Expect You To Come Back With Anything That Would Be Worth A Damn And You Proved Me Right!
Thank You For Wasting My Time And Yours.
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THE PRIVILEDGE TO POST ON HERE.

Litigation!

My response:

Child Protective Services doesn't take kindly to the "mistakes" you made with your child by bringing a known criminal and miscreant around your child. You had a duty to protect your child from such a person. But, no. You felt your crotch was more important.

IAAL

Litigation!

My response:

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">