• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex is going to get a paternity test on my unborn child but he knows its not his.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsRocha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California but my ex lives in Arizona.

My ex is going to get a court ordered paternity test for my unborn child. Only I know its not his we havent had sex since last December and Im due in March. I know the father of my baby is my fiance. How do I prevent my ex from being able to do this? He's simply harrassing me and trying to make me look bad to my family and his as well. I don't want him to have that kind of power over me. He's insane, there is no possible way he is the father of my baby and he know's this.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California but my ex lives in Arizona.

My ex is going to get a court ordered paternity test for my unborn child. Only I know its not his we havent had sex since last December and Im due in March. I know the father of my baby is my fiance. How do I prevent my ex from being able to do this? He's simply harrassing me and trying to make me look bad to my family and his as well. I don't want him to have that kind of power over me. He's insane, there is no possible way he is the father of my baby and he know's this.
It's very uncommon for a test to be ordered on an unborn, and he'd need a court order to do it, I'm sure.

Don't worry about empty threats. He might motion for a paternity test after the child is born: your dates are possible, not impossible.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If my fiance signs the birth certificate. Can my ex still get a court ordered paternity test?
Yep he can still petition for it. If there is absolutely NO chance that your ex is the father then let him get a test, pay for it and show his stupidity. Or are you concerned that it could show he is daddy and don't want to risk it?

MrsRocha

Yep he can still petition for it. If there is absolutely NO chance that your ex is the father then let him get a test, pay for it and show his stupidity. Or are you concerned that it could show he is daddy and don't want to risk it?
What if me and my fiance get married and he signs the birth certificate? Its not that I dont want to risk it because i am going to get a paternity test to prove my fiance is the father and to prove it to his mom. I just dont want to give my ex that power to make me do what he wants because hes been harrassing me and we are in a custody battle with our daughter. I know hes just doing it to anger me and try to make us miserable. I am going to do a paternity test for my fiance but I dont want to do one for my ex.

Silverplum

What if me and my fiance get married and he signs the birth certificate? Its not that I dont want to risk it because i am going to get a paternity test to prove my fiance is the father and to prove it to his mom. I just dont want to give my ex that power to make me do what he wants because hes been harrassing me and we are in a custody battle with our daughter. I know hes just doing it to anger me and try to make us miserable. I am going to do a paternity test for my fiance but I dont want to do one for my ex.
So, you'd get married just for spite? It's not a good reason to get married, IMO.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Don't stress on this. Tell the ex you would be happy to submit to a paternity test once the baby is born. Then, do the DNA test with your current flame when the baby is born. If he's the father, then the ex won't have any reason for the DNA testing.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ex is presumably not stupid and can count from the last time y'all got it on to 9 mos along.

I am reminded of all those Jerry Springer, Maury Pauvich, etc. episodes where women SWEAR on everything holy t so.that their current dude is DEFINITELY the father. And then.... oops. Not. Color me skeptical.

MrsRocha

So, you'd get married just for spite? It's not a good reason to get married, IMO.
No its not out of spite. Im already engaged and we planned on getting married before our baby is born. I just dont want my ex to ruin our happy family time and bonding time.

Just Blue

Were you still "with" the ex when you were with the "current"?

MrsRocha

Were you still "with" the ex when you were with the "current"?
No I havent been with my ex since July of 2011 and I started dating my fiance in December of 2011. My ex raped me in December after finding out about my new bf. I havent had sex with him since December.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">