• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex tryibg to take car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Winged_Maverick

I live in Gresham, Oregon (Multnoma County) and my ex-girlfriend is trying to take my car that is in my name. Is there anyway she can legally do this?

Should go so far as to claim she has stolen it since I have not received it back in about a week?

Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Gresham, Oregon (Multnoma County) and my ex-girlfriend is trying to take my car that is in my name. Is there anyway she can legally do this?

Should go so far as to claim she has stolen it since I have not received it back in about a week?

Thank you.
Have you told her you want YOUR car returned immediately? Is her name on the title at all?

Winged_Maverick

Wow thanks for the responses.

Yes i have told her I want MY car returned.

I have yet to call the cops. My daughter is with her and I don't want to put her threw that. (She's been threw enough sadly)

No the car is solely on my name no one else.

She got the keys because I work nights and thought I'd be nice and let her borrow the car for the day and it gave me an excuse to see my 20 month old daughter.

She is also trying to say that she paid for it so it's her's now. I can post the bill of sale I paid for it.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Wow thanks for the responses.

Yes i have told her I want MY car returned.

I have yet to call the cops. My daughter is with her and I don't want to put her threw that. (She's been threw enough sadly)

No the car is solely on my name no one else.

She got the keys because I work nights and thought I'd be nice and let her borrow the car for the day and it gave me an excuse to see my 20 month old daughter.

She is also trying to say that she paid for it so it's her's now. I can post the bill of sale I paid for it.
Calling the police would be appropriate if its clearly your car, and she never paid you back for it or it was never considered to be a gift from you to her. However if there is any possibility that she could honestly claim that its hers (ie you purchased it originally but she paid you back) then you could possibly cause yourself some trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">