• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wants son's hunting trophyO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tgiles69

I live in Ohio, I took my 10 yr old son deer hunting this weekend he shot a 13 point buck that is a outstanding trophy. His mother who has custody now wants the deer to have it mounted and to keep at their house, I had already began to make arrangements to have it mounted, but I would like to keep it here at my home. I have a great deal of expense in this- licence's, firearm, tree stand, and so on. Not to mention the father son bonding that went on and now she wants to destroy this. When he left to go home he said it was fine with him to keep the deer here but after talking with his mother he has changed his mind. Do I have to turn this deer over to her?

Thank you

HomeGuru

tgiles69 said:
I live in Ohio, I took my 10 yr old son deer hunting this weekend he shot a 13 point buck that is a outstanding trophy. His mother who has custody now wants the deer to have it mounted and to keep at their house, I had already began to make arrangements to have it mounted, but I would like to keep it here at my home. I have a great deal of expense in this- licence's, firearm, tree stand, and so on. Not to mention the father son bonding that went on and now she wants to destroy this. When he left to go home he said it was fine with him to keep the deer here but after talking with his mother he has changed his mind. Do I have to turn this deer over to her?

Thank you
**A: that's why there are 2 antlers. Split the head in half.

D

dyinginside

lmao@guru

Seriously though, you get to keep the memories and the bond your sharing with your son. If all she wants is the deer, if its that important to her be the bigger , better person and let her have it.
Like i said she wont get to have what the two of you share on a non-material level.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think both parents need to get over themselves and let the kid have the trophy where he wants it. He's the one who bagged it - he's the one who gets to keep it.

VeronicaGia

tgiles69 said:

Thank you
Well I agree with the others, but at the risk of sounding like a biatch, I'd say gather the receipts for all this, send them certified mail, return receipt requested, telling her she can have it if she pays for it in full. If she decides not to do this, you will keep it until your son turns 18 at which time, it will become his property to do with whatever he wants.

However, if this will cause a problem between you and your son, forget everything I said.

ellencee

tgiles69

For pete's sake--is the issue of 'who gets custody of the kill' addressed in your custody/visitation order? No? Keep the deer and tell her if she wants one, go bag her own!

EC

haiku

If you were MY husband this would be a no-brainer...giftwrap and send it to mom!

deerheads to not go with my decor!...LOL

I like Veronica's suggestion, but if that won't work, why not consider the stuffing and mounting of the deer your christmas gift to the son? And the next deer you keep for your living room?

(seems to me we need a divorced hunters subforum in here every november!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">