• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is an exparte my only course of action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jason grigsby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
On Aug 8th my wife took my son and all his belongings and moved to West Virginia to be around friends she had met on the internet. She did this without even telling me she was leaving. She has since returned once to allow me to see my son and to discuss why she left. She was unhappy and I wasn't romantic enough. On August 23 I went down to West Viriginia and found where they were. I let her know I was there and talked more with her about coming home to work on our problems. When I arrived my son started crying with joy at seeing me. When I had to leave he screamed and cried I thought he was going to hurt himself trying to get to me. I spoke to my wife, as I drove home, on the phone and she said after seeing our son like that she felt like she should come home. She then went to hang out with her internet friends. Five hours later when I talked to her she no longer wanted to come home and was mad that I had found them. I feel that my wife has something wrong with her if she would allow these internet friends to influence her so much. I am also concerned with my sons safety since I have no clue who these people are. Can I file an emergency ex parte order toget them back to the area. I don't expect them to come home right now but I feel powerless to protect my son. I don't want a divorce I just want to get them away from this bad situation.

seniorjudge

You need to file your lawsuit for divorce immediately and get that kid.

You cannot make your wife do anything but you need to protect the kid.

Isis1

you know, i find it ever so slightly humorous that your wife has friends from the internet. thus assuming all internet people must be bad and dangerous. you do realize you are asking internet people for advice right now don't you?:confused::eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">