• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false info. on marriage license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon, but I was married in Las Vegas Nevada. My husband put false information on marriage license ( said ours was his 4th marriage, but it is his 7th, and put false date of divorce from ex wife-and divorce listed was not the last divorce b-4 our marriage). Does any of this affect legality of our marriage? P.S. we have been married for 3yrs

Proserpina

I'm wondering if you're actually now - regardless of the technicalities - in a defacto marriage, as you've lived as man and wife for three years.

Was he divorced from the last one before you?

(Seven, right? 7? as in 6 + 1?)

tranquility

Kinda likes are not good enough for this. What happened exactly? In general, under your facts the marriage is good.

Yes, Im wife #7-I think he was divorced from previous wife when we married. He has 2 names ss#s and dates of birth. he says past covert work is reason for 2 identities. Name he married me under is his legal name, but not name he was born with. Name he uses since he met me is name he was born with, but he says is no longer his legal name. Identity he married me under is not same one he used with his last ex #6-, but is same he used for marriage prior to that- wife #5-Perhaps thats why he listed that marriage as last divorce, but the date provided for that divorce is totaly bogus. Identity he married me under is not the one he uses currently, but one he used 20+yrs ago. I found out about different ss#s and dates of birth after we were married.

CourtClerk

Yes, Im wife #7-I think he was divorced from previous wife when we married. He has 2 names ss#s and dates of birth. he says past covert work is reason for 2 identities. Name he married me under is his legal name, but not name he was born with. Name he uses since he met me is name he was born with, but he says is no longer his legal name. Identity he married me under is not same one he used with his last ex #6-, but is same he used for marriage prior to that- wife #5-Perhaps thats why he listed that marriage as last divorce, but the date provided for that divorce is totaly bogus. Identity he married me under is not the one he uses currently, but one he used 20+yrs ago. I found out about different ss#s and dates of birth after we were married.
Me thinks you should take this story of the 2 identities and 2 ssn's to the police and let them do a little investigating. They aren't going to care about the legalities of your marriage, though, but they may be interested in your con artist of a husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">