• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamesfmojim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusetts

my wife and i had an argument and she left she then took out a restaining order and at the hearing when asked if i had ever hit her or threatened to she answered truthfully no

her reason for wanting the restaining order was that in my anger i threatened to call ins on her freinds and family just an angry outburst i did not do it nor would i ever,
she then said that last week i hit a bag she was carrying and that made her afraid. after reading the restaining order law its seems to me that the judge granted the order without any of the criteria being met. shame on me for not consulting a lawyer before the hearing but i really thought she was going to let the matter drop as she indictaed to a friend.
what are my options now? having a restaining order against you is obviously not good as at any point she can allege numerous things?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hitting a bag she was carrying is considered battery.
Making her fearful is assault.

Hence you committed enough to get a restraining order against you based on the facts YOU provided.

Your options? Stay away from her. You could always try to appeal the restraining order if there is a defect of law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">