• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family court order of protection help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darcy r

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York....My ex-husband went to family court with lies about how I was treating our boys. The judge issued him a temporay limit order of protection against me. I did not know anything about this order. My oldest son told him a lie which cps found unfound and because my ex called the police with this lie i was arrested for violating this order that i did not know about. It has been proven that I didn't know about it but because of this so called violation a temp. full stay away order was issued. If I did not know about this oder and it is so proven is the 2nd order a valuid order? and shouldn't family court be handling this so called violation? because they have me in criminal court.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York....My ex-husband went to family court with lies about how I was treating our boys. The judge issued him a temporay limit order of protection against me. I did not know anything about this order. My oldest son told him a lie which cps found unfound and because my ex called the police with this lie i was arrested for violating this order that i did not know about. It has been proven that I didn't know about it but because of this so called violation a temp. full stay away order was issued. If I did not know about this oder and it is so proven is the 2nd order a valuid order? and shouldn't family court be handling this so called violation? because they have me in criminal court.
If you are in criminal court, you should have an attorney, whether it's one you hired, or a public defender. Ask your attorney about the second order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">