• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Law-General Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rjpeters

What is the name of your state? California. This may be a silly question. My daughter is going thru a divorce and she
has her four yr. old son during the week and the father has weekend vistation. The father has quite a bit of the child`s clothing that she has sent during his visitations that his grandfather and I and friends bought for the child as gifts and he will not return any of the clothing. The child needs his clothes during the week as he goes to Pre-school. The father has the money to buy the child clothing and the mother does not. Is there any legal way that we can require the father to return the clothes. Thank You very much. Grandmother J.

R

rjpeters

rjpeters said:
What is the name of your state? California. This may be a silly question. My daughter is going thru a divorce and she
has her four yr. old son during the week and the father has weekend vistation. The father has quite a bit of the child`s clothing that she has sent during his visitations that his grandfather and I and friends bought for the child as gifts and he will not return any of the clothing. The child needs his clothes during the week as he goes to Pre-school. The father has the money to buy the child clothing and the mother does not. Is there any legal way that we can require the father to return the clothes. Thank You very much. Grandmother J.

annefan

Re: Re: Family Law-General Questions

rjpeters said:

Yes there is. Daughter should write a letter to the father, certified, return receipt, requesting the clothing to be returned by a certain date. Specify that if the items are not returned by that date that a civil complaint will be filed in court. If there is no response by the given time, she can file the complaint in small claims court for the value of the items.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">