• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Law Parents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MoniqueMal

what rights do parents have a far discipline of an 16 year old child that skips school refuses to follow your rules and when you decide to spank her you are charged with 3rd degree felony. what are our rights as a parent?

MySonsMom

You were charged with this? Or you are facing this?

The only suggestion I have is to change your method of disciplene. At 16 yrs old, (in my opinion) spanking isn't very effective and there are alot of consequences with spanking a child of that age. I would suggest strict grounding and taking away of privaledges.

There isn't much you can do if you are charged/faced with this. Just prove your case of using this as discipline and make sure that you didn't "cross over" into legal abuse when you spanked this teen. Things aren't like they use to be when we were children.

Good luck.

M

MoniqueMal

I am charged with this offense and you're right things are different than when I grew up. Unfortunatly the cop happens to be not much older than my daughter.. Now I face 18mnths to a year. I have not spanked this child in over 10yrs I was more scared for here safety because being at the beach during bike week and not knowing what could happen drove me crazy. To late for what I should have done I just hopes she understands what this has cost all of us. Thank for your reply. Mokie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">