• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family not notified of brother's death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Julie Hill

What is the name of your state? i live in oregon, my brother died in utah on dec.10th 2002, the family was never notified even though they knew (detective's unit) his idenity and were given another family member's address and phone #. we found out by accident 50 days later, meanwhile his body was at the salt lake county coroners facility all this time and no one ever bothered to follow up on why he was still there. we would like to know what type of lawyer would handle a case like this, the initial detective on the case admitted that they "screwed up" when my other brother contacted him. we are very saddened that we couldn't have a regular funeral ceremony, his body was too far gone by the time we discovered his death, we had to do cremation which would not have been our preference. we need to know where to start and the appropriate category of law that this case would fall under. any info. or advice would be greatly appreciated!

thank you,
julie a. hill

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">