• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fatal Attraction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sunshinegal

What is the name of your state (Florida)?

I am wondering what we can do to keep a woman away from my husband. Yes, they did have an affair, and he is very remorseful, however, she will not let go. I am becoming concerned that she may attempt to hurt me in some way.

I just called her again to ask her to stop calling him, and she let loose with a screaming rage that startled me quite a bit, I am very shaken. When I discussed this with my husband, he said she is going nuts and he does not know what to do.

What CAN we do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I am wondering what we can do to keep a woman away from my husband. Yes, they did have an affair, and he is very remorseful, however, she will not let go. I am becoming concerned that she may attempt to hurt me in some way.

I just called her again to ask her to stop calling him, and she let loose with a screaming rage that startled me quite a bit, I am very shaken. When I discussed this with my husband, he said she is going nuts and he does not know what to do.

What CAN we do?
Perhaps you ought to stop adding fuel to the fire. Change your number(s) - block her number - ignore her.

sandyclaus

What CAN we do?
Stop entertaining this woman's fantasy that she and your husband are getting back together. And most definitely STOP calling her.

If your husband is truly done with this woman, have him change your phone numbers and/or block hers. Tell him to stop answering her calls, stop making himself available to speak with her for any reason. If she knows where you live, or where he works, then you may have to consider moving, or him changing jobs. If it gets so severe that she is stalking him, then he can ask the court for a restraining order against her.

One thing to ask here is whether or not you are absolutely sure that the affair is over and isn't just smoldering. It's entirely possible that your husband is being sneaky since he got caught, and is still encouraging her to keep in contact with her. If you find this to be the case (which should be obvious if he is unwilling to take every necessary step to keep her from contacting him anymore), then your problem isn't with her, it will be with HIM. Be prepared to deal with THAT possibility as well.

Sunshinegal

Perhaps you ought to stop adding fuel to the fire. Change your number(s) - block her number - ignore her.

I just now put a block on... funny that you mentioned it... let's see if that works. Adding fuel to the fire? What can possibly be done to make her stop?

Sunshinegal

Stop entertaining this woman's fantasy that she and your husband are getting back together. And most definitely STOP calling her.

If your husband is truly done with this woman, have him change your phone numbers and/or block hers. Tell him to stop answering her calls, stop making himself available to speak with her for any reason. If she knows where you live, or where he works, then you may have to consider moving, or him changing jobs. If it gets so severe that she is stalking him, then he can ask the court for a restraining order against her.

One thing to ask here is whether or not you are absolutely sure that the affair is over and isn't just smoldering. It's entirely possible that your husband is being sneaky since he got caught, and is still encouraging her to keep in contact with her. If you find this to be the case (which should be obvious if he is unwilling to take every necessary step to keep her from contacting him anymore), then your problem isn't with her, it will be with HIM. Be prepared to deal with THAT possibility as well.
How would a restraining order work?

sandyclaus

I just now put a block on... funny that you mentioned it... let's see if that works. Adding fuel to the fire? What can possibly be done to make her stop?
Understand that there's only so much YOU can do. If your husband remains open to having ANY kind of contact with her now, she may feel like it's OK to do what she's doing, and will only accuse YOU of "trying to keep them apart". Your HUSBAND needs to be the one actively discouraging her and blocking her attempts to reach him. You will just look like the jealous wife.

sandyclaus

How would a restraining order work?
Your husband goes to the courthouse and files a request. In similar situations, the judge hears both sides, and if granted, the woman would be prohibited by court order to contact you or your husband for any reason. If you know that she comes around, she can also be ordered to stay a certain distance away from him (usually 100 feet or so).

ecmst12

Usually, if you don't want someone to talk to you, you don't call them. You INITIATED the contact where she screamed at you. If you hadn't called her, the whole thing would not have happened. So, don't initiate any further contact with her for any reason. If your husband was truly concerned about her contacting him, it would be him posting here not you.

Eekamouse

Stay out of it and let your husband deal with her. She's stalking him, not you. Sounds like you might just be trying to rub salt into her wounds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">