• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father in jail, mother abandoned us, caring aunt,NO SS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kids_sake

I have temporary custody of my sisters 4 kids, have since Dec. Their father is in jail awaiting trial, (assult on an officer). My sister is "having fun". Haven't heard from her since X-mas. Has a boyfriend (still married too), and is into drugs really bad. Lives with who ever will take her in that night. No contact with husband, in jail, since Dec. No one knows where she is, she stays out of site. Father of children keeps very close contact w/children. Very careing. Awaiting trial and sentenceing for assult on officer, false identity, drug pariphenailia in one state,and awaiting extradition from another state for failing to appear at trial. Mother did drugs in front of children, they speak of how mommy would get happy when she smoked her foil. (SAD HUH?) ALWAYS yells at kids, very rarely have I heard her talk nice or quietly to kids. She really needs help! The drugs have made her not care about anything. I want to file for custody of kids, father willing to agree, just so "sick" mother does not come get them. She will, just to spite father, friends, or grandparents. Uses the children against family. After treatment, I am willing to give custody back, but not until then.
O.K., HERE IS MY CONCERN. IF I FILE FOR CUSTODY OF MY 2 NEICES AND 2 NEPHEWS, MAYBE USING CHILD ABANDONMENT, OR UNFIT PARENTS, WILL THE SOCIAL SERVICES OR STATE TRY TO TAKE THE KIDS? I WANT TO BE CERTAIN THAT I WOULD BE FIRST GUARDIAN, AND NOT THE STATE.

SCARED,
FOR KIDS_SAKE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">