• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fathers rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mambo

florida...
I am dating the son of my father's 2nd wife.
My boyfriend and the mother of his child are now filing for paternity, the child is 11 years old .The mother of his child is extremely adamant about the fact that we are dating she finds this immoral.She is trying to restrict visitation due to the fact that we are "step-brother and step-sister" by marriage.
We never grew up in the same house we started dating when we were adults in our 30's.Can a judge order that the child is not allowed to visit her father due to this situation??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mambo said:
florida...
I am dating the son of my father's 2nd wife.
My boyfriend and the mother of his child are now filing for paternity, the child is 11 years old .The mother of his child is extremely adamant about the fact that we are dating she finds this immoral.She is trying to restrict visitation due to the fact that we are "step-brother and step-sister" by marriage.
We never grew up in the same house we started dating when we were adults in our 30's.Can a judge order that the child is not allowed to visit her father due to this situation??
My response:

Highly, highly, unlikely.

However, if this was a Kentucky case . . . it wouldn't have even been questioned.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">