• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fiance's income included?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamond7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was wondering if i could include my exes fiance's money in the calcualtions for child support?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

I was wondering if i could include my exes fiance's money in the calcualtions for child support?
What makes you think your ex's fiance/e should be responsible for supporting a kid s/he had no part in creating?

moburkes

No. S/he is not the parent of the child. Why do you think that a fiance - who is not even related to the other parent legally, let alone the child - is responsible for the care of your child?

Just Blue

No. S/he is not the parent of the child. Why do you think that a fiance - who is not even related to the other parent legally, let alone the child - is responsible for the care of your child?
Hey Diamond...Are you including your girlfriends income on your support calculations?? :rolleyes:

diamond7

child support calculations after marriage

I know it doesn't seem right but the court laws sometimes look at it as their property is community property if they are living together as a married couple right?. She makes a lot of money and some of that is i am sure benefitting him. what about after they get married. doesn't all their income become half his and then it is counted? what if they get a prenuptial agreement? I just want to know the laws.

CourtClerk

I know it doesn't seem right but the court laws sometimes look at it as their property is community property if they are living together as a married couple right?.
Wrong. California doesn't even recognize common law and hasn't since the 1800's. CC's rule #1 of life. If you want to be treated as a spouse, you must first become a spouse. There is no community property for shack ups.
She makes a lot of money and some of that is i am sure benefitting him.
So?
what about after they get married.
What about it? They get married, be sure to buy a nice gift.
doesn't all their income become half his and then it is counted?
Not when it comes to child support.
what if they get a prenuptial agreement?
Then they get one. It's none of your business.
I just want to know the laws.
The law states simply that the adjudicated parents of a child must financially contribute to the support of THEIR children.

Just Blue

I know it doesn't seem right but the court laws sometimes look at it as their property is community property if they are living together as a married couple right?. She makes a lot of money and some of that is i am sure benefitting him. what about after they get married. doesn't all their income become half his and then it is counted? what if they get a prenuptial agreement? I just want to know the laws.
The only people responsible for supporting a child, legally or morally, are the parents. Not step-parents. Not fiancé's. Not girlfriends or boyfriends. Not grandparents. Not aunts or uncles. PARENTS!

TinkerBelleLuvr

You are mixing apples and oranges. What applies to a tax return does NOT apply to child support calculations. You aren't dipping your hand into the X's GF's pocketbook. If your child benefits, cool beans.

The only two people who's income matters is YOURS and your X's.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So are you including your boyfriend's income?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Either you or your b/f need to create a new account to post from, rahter than sharing.

I hope no one helps either of these two until this is done.

ariastar

Don't you know? Some single parents are crazy and selfish and lazy and would love to drain people not responsible and claim it's in the best interest of the children!!

ariastar

She makes a lot of money and some of that is i am sure benefitting him.
And any CS you get benefits you. How about giving dad more than every other weekend with the children if you can't raise them on the money you get from him alone? I'm sure he'll be glad to see the children more than four days per month.

gb4evr

I'll answer this NO WAY. I do financially benefit my husband's kids. But I wll never benefit his ex wife. If necessary, I will get a single checking account.
And further, when my income doubles (NEXT year) I wll also not benefit her. Does this make me happy? wHY YES, yes it does. WHY? Because she went to court to try to increase his child support based on my income and to try to decrease visitation based on, she doesn't like me. She lost. Boo hoo.

She uses those kids like pawns, like you are trying to do.

I worked hard for my income because I had to, I had to support my kids, 3 of them, with NO child support, cause I married a lazy idiot. So I did it. And, am I willing to give the money i EARN to my husband's lazy ex wife, nope. Never.

And better yet, do I have to? Nope. Not one cent.

Why don't you try sucking it up and supporting your kids with your ex, instead of looking for a handout from someone who owes you AND your kids, absolutely nada.

Hopefully, sheis a bigger person than you and will benefit them anyway. But based on your question...good grief. Grow up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">