• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

file ownership of real & personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JV Gossett

my son died in austin texas 4 months ago. he had been in a gay relationship with his partner 12 years which they bought a house together. his partner refuses to have anything to do with me or let me into the house to get anything! i just recently found out that the house is half mine, because it is in both names, thru a lawyer & that i can go into the house. all i need is proof of ownership.my question is what do i do to file ownership. is it expensive? the lawyer i went to did not seem interested in handling that! never gave me any information. i do'nt know where to turn at this point. i was just ready to give up presuing this until the lawyer said i have legal rights.my money situation is not the best tho so i do'nt know what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">