• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filed staliking order on my mother and person she hired to stalk in new hampshire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skylarbrooke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new hampshire is my state. we had a court date and my mother lives out of state so after the court checked me in .. they recieved a call from my mother saying she wasnt coming and that she wanted a phone court date. im the victim and they did continue the order but can i file papers because she didnt show up after she was served... this is unfair to me.. but this is the example of how she abuses and controls.. now she is abusing the judge giving the court orders.. i dont understand..

CdwJava

If she asked for a continuance and the court granted it, then you will simply have to wait until the new date. Do you have an attorney who can help you hasten things along?

The problem with restraining orders between states is that they are virtually unenforceable. Then, of course, there is the problem of legal service of process in another state.

Ultimately, if mom lives in another state it is unlikely that she would be extradited and prosecuted for any such offense even if the order was granted and violated.

skylarbrooke

thank you

If she asked for a continuance and the court granted it, then you will simply have to wait until the new date. Do you have an attorney who can help you hasten things along?

The problem with restraining orders between states is that they are virtually unenforceable. Then, of course, there is the problem of legal service of process in another state.

Ultimately, if mom lives in another state it is unlikely that she would be extradited and prosecuted for any such offense even if the order was granted and violated.
i sent u an email ... please read it and get back to me if you can help..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">