• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financed vehicle with ex and he is not paying the note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jennie24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

I financed a vehicle with an ex and he now has possession of the vehicle and not making payments. He is also has not paid a red light that he received. Its now effecting my credit negatively and I want my name off the loan and registration. What actions can I take? I also have a restraining order against him.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

I financed a vehicle with an ex and he now has possession of the vehicle and not making payments. He is also has not paid a red light that he received. Its now effecting my credit negatively and I want my name off the loan and registration. What actions can I take? I also have a restraining order against him.
He would have to refinance the loan so you would have to go back to court and force that. Though it may not be possible to do so -- and it could cost you a couple thousand dollars if not more to force him to ATTEMPT to refinance the car yet a bank can't be forced to refinance it. You can also ask that YOU be awarded the car thus you would have the car while being responsible for the payments. You are responsible for the payments right now. Why do you think you are not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">