• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finding my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyboo23

my name is dawnette thompson from houston,tx. since i've been released from jail,my son has been living with his father. when i went to jail in november of 2000, the verbal agreement between myself,family, & my sons father was for him to take care of my son during the week,while my family keeps him on the weekends. he did this for the first two months. then after january he never returned him. i gave my mother power of attorney while i was incarcerated. my question is, is this grounds for filing kidknapping? if not what advice could you give me on finding my missing son?

MySonsMom

ladyboo23 said:
my name is dawnette thompson from houston,tx. since i've been released from jail,my son has been living with his father. when i went to jail in november of 2000, the verbal agreement between myself,family, & my sons father was for him to take care of my son during the week,while my family keeps him on the weekends. he did this for the first two months. then after january he never returned him. i gave my mother power of attorney while i was incarcerated. my question is, is this grounds for filing kidknapping? if not what advice could you give me on finding my missing son?
Who has custody? Have you EVER been to court? Besides that, why do you think that your parents should have the child rather than the Father? If one parent cannot take the child, it goes to the other parent if they are fit. If this was only a verbal agreeement, there is nothing you can do. In fact, your X will probably gain custody of the child anyway.

L

ladyboo23

response to MySonsMom sr.mem;ladyboo23

no i have never been to court on this situation.to be honest i've just been released from jail 3 weeks ago.yes it was only a verbal agreement,but what gives him the right to take my son,of whom he has NEVER taken care of financially or otherwise,from me or my family.granted it was very irresponsible on my part,but i am still his mother and primary care taker.everyone makes mistakes,my son should not have to pay anymore than he already has.what good is going to court if my son can't be found? my sons father is extemely irresponsible and has a long criminal history,no one is perfect but if going by one being a fit parent,i should have no problems getting my son back.if i could only get some helpful advice on how to go about it the right way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">