• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Followup to Witholding Personal Belongings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wondering13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm in Louisiana. May I please get some input? Should I pursue this or just let my brother get away with it? I have posted under the title of "Withholding Personal Belongings" but have gotten little feedback. I'd really appreciate it. I feel like it's my mother's legal rights to have her belongings, but because she is ill and confused, my brother thinks he can give it to an undeserving daughter of his who has more than once left her husband or home only to let someone else pick up the pieces for her.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm in Louisiana. May I please get some input? Should I pursue this or just let my brother get away with it? I have posted under the title of "Withholding Personal Belongings" but have gotten little feedback. I'd really appreciate it. I feel like it's my mother's legal rights to have her belongings, but because she is ill and confused, my brother thinks he can give it to an undeserving daughter of his who has more than once left her husband or home only to let someone else pick up the pieces for her.
Please do not start a new thread for evry question. You shopuld add this question to your other thread and lock this one. You were given excellant adive in the last post in your other thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">