• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forged signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethco

Hello,
I am in the middle of a divorce. A rumor that has been rumbling around between my inlaws appears to be more than a rumor. My soon to be ex had his sister sign divorce papers pretending to be his first wife. (previous marriage) The sister made mention of this to me several years ago and I didn't give it much thought until I spoke with the ex-wife. It appears that when the papers were served she ( the ex wife) was in Texas with the children. My ex husband had his sister pose as is wife when the papers were served in Missouri. After the fianlization of the divorce, my husband shows up in Texas with papers in hand, takes the children from his ex wife and brings them back to Missouri. If this in fact is what happened, is his first divorce legal and binding and if not, what does that do to our marriage credibility?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">