• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it forgery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

satisfied28

Forgery? Civil or criminal?

What is the name of your state? Washington State.

I was abused by husband for a few yrs, the last time he went to jail which was his third time for Domestic Violence.

I was afraid and wanted to get out of the area before he was released and had no money.

There was a no contact order, regaurdless when he bailed out he got ahold of me both in person and on phone threatening me to change my statement and tell the judge he was innocent. In return he said I could sell our trailer and leave him if I wanted too.

He did go back to jail for breaking the order and I did sell the trailer with his signature and permission. Now that I want to divorce him, he filed a complaint with the local police department claiming forgery. If it is forgery in this case, would it be civil or criminal?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

satisfied28 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State.

I need to know if it is legal for a wife to sign her husbands name on a release of interest, bill of sale receipt, of joint ownership of their mobile home, in the absence of the husband and with his permission.

My response:

As long as you have a duly executed and notarized Power of Attorney in your hot, little hands, then yes. Otherwise, no.

IAAL

L

legaleagle74

It useally is illegal to sign anyone's name to anything, without there consent. IAAL is right, if you have a notarized statement, I wouldn't worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">