• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gaining custody of my 32yr old brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anniefetchu

What is the name of your state? CA
I have a 32 year old brother with mental health and mental retardation.I would like to gain custody of him. He lives in Pennsylvania and I live in California. While chronologically he is an adult, he has the mental capacity of about a ten year old. He has made some poor decisions in the past that have resulted in legal action against him. I am afraid that he may make a decision that could put him in harm’s way. He is also willing to make me his legal guardian. I feel this needs to be handled in a official legal manner because of his mental health. He is bi-polar and sometimes incapable of making decisions for himself.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">