• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

general questions....need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JeannineP

:confused:

well here we go...typed it all once but lost it somehow...

all orders/jurisdiction are in state of rhode island...we share joint legal custody and I (mom) have been awarded physical custody

non-custodial gets:

5pm (friday) to 6 pm sunday, every other weekend- whomever typed the order omitted the word friday, but nevertheless I have always gone along with the full weekend, not to mention countless last minute can he stay a few extra days or the week...and I've always said yes, except for once just to say no.

one overnight visit per week, child to be returned to daycare following morning-no specified time, just says morning

holidays shall be alternated

my questions:

now that I am not working, and child is being cared for by me before and after his pm k class, shouldn't the father be returning the child to me in the morning?

does he have the right to pick up the child from school without my knowledge, consent or agreement?

he seems to think halloween is a holiday, I don't, the state, nor schools, banks, or any other business closes.

Not to mention the fact that my son's bday is July 4 and for the past two years (visitation granted in april of 2000) he has spent that week at his fathers house, the first year because i wanted him to spend time at dad's, child needed extra bonding time and this year because dad got an expartee order because i wouldn't let him take him out of state without having any knowledge of transportation arrangements, basic itinerary, etc. the guy flat out denied me knowledge of where he was even going with him. so because I am in contempt of court for violating the weekend visitation (which mind you is really only for an hour everyother sunday from the court documents i got)....he is now saying that I am an unfit mother! and trying to get physical custody of him....he says i'm the control freak, i deny visits, i move too much and because i'm not working, my boyfriend wants me to stay home with kids, I can't provide for him...if only he paid his child support on a weekly basis...sorry needed to vent...but this guy and his wife even put things in my lil boys head.....anyone got any help, situations they've been in that come close or what they call legal advice...................thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">