• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting married big name change question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jusclaandus

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi guys,

i'm getting married and would like to take my husbands last name ,but i want to drop my legal last name all together say for instance my legal name was Jane Doe High Low
and i want to change it to Jane Doe Resse Smith is this do able?

i want to drop my fathers last name (my legal name) and change it to my mothers last name and add on my soon to be husbands name the only names i want to keep are my 1st and middle name which are on my birth certi this is what i want it to look like Jane Doe Resse-Smith

how do i start and will everything change like new dmv's and ssn's and new birth cert's

if it's a problem with me droping my legal last name i would just keep it and add on my husbands but i don't want to

thanks

jusclaandus

Bump

anyone?

I just want to know if what i'd like to do is legal?

so far i found out i can just write my new last name on the marriage license but since i want to change my last name all together can i ?

jusclaandus

thanks happy husband

does than i just change it on the marriage license and than change it through court system and than change dmv and ssn and birth certi

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">