• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a paternity test after 32 years...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Solar Baby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN.

I don't know if I can post this here or not but here it goes...(sorry if I can't post it here)

I want to know if I can force my biological father who lives in CA., to a paternity test. I live in IN., and can't fly out there so I want him to come out here for it. Or maybe can I file online somewhere and neither of us have to fly anywhere. Like they swab our mouths but in our own state. I hope this makes sense to you guys.

Anyway, I know a lot of you are probably asking "why now?" My mother never went after him b/c he and his family accused her of being money hungry. Also, he told her straight up that he would pay for the abortion....so he never wanted anything to do with me. I can also back that up from when I was a young teen and went to see him. He said I wasn't his and slammed the door in my face:(. When I saw him I knew I was his. We LOOK alike. I always thought I looked like my mom but when I saw him I saw me.

Anyway, I was going to try to get a paternity test when I was a teen but my mother wanted no part of it. She said she didn't want to relive that pain. I still don't see what this has to do with her :confused: but whatever. I myself do not want anything from him from this test. All I want to have is closure and to know that he really is my father other than my gut feeling and thinking I was looking into a mirror.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

ecmst12

There is no compelling reason that would cause a court to order him to do it. This is a purely emotional issue, not a legal one, and the courts can't control those.

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN.

I don't know if I can post this here or not but here it goes...(sorry if I can't post it here)

I want to know if I can force my biological father who lives in CA., to a paternity test. I live in IN., and can't fly out there so I want him to come out here for it. Or maybe can I file online somewhere and neither of us have to fly anywhere. Like they swab our mouths but in our own state. I hope this makes sense to you guys.

Anyway, I know a lot of you are probably asking "why now?" My mother never went after him b/c he and his family accused her of being money hungry. Also, he told her straight up that he would pay for the abortion....so he never wanted anything to do with me. I can also back that up from when I was a young teen and went to see him. He said I wasn't his and slammed the door in my face:(. When I saw him I knew I was his. We LOOK alike. I always thought I looked like my mom but when I saw him I saw me.

Anyway, I was going to try to get a paternity test when I was a teen but my mother wanted no part of it. She said she didn't want to relive that pain. I still don't see what this has to do with her :confused: but whatever. I myself do not want anything from him from this test. All I want to have is closure and to know that he really is my father other than my gut feeling and thinking I was looking into a mirror.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
A. There is no statute that allows you to compel him to take a paternity test so many years post majority.

B. Offering to pay for an abortion is legal.

C. Looking like you proves NOTHING. People often comment how much my daughter looks like me, yet she was born half a world away away to total strangers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">