• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

girlfriend won`t leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjayk58

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Delaware
My girlfriend moved in with me 2 years ago. We are to the point now of not getting along at all. I have asked her several times to move out and find a place of her own. She refuses. She pays nothing here, and never has. What can I do to get her to move out?

Wolflmg

If her name is on the house lease then you may have problems. Otherwise give her a few weeks or a month time frame that she has to find a place to live, if she doesn't leave then I guess you would have to call the police. Although doing that probably would mean your relationship with her is over.

JETX

And now for a legally accurate answer!!

sjayk58 said:
My girlfriend moved in with me 2 years ago. I have asked her several times to move out and find a place of her own. She refuses. She pays nothing here, and never has. What can I do to get her to move out?
Maybe nothing. Do you lease or own??
Is her name on the lease or deed??
If yes to either, then she has equal rights to remain as you do.

If her name is on the lease, you will simply have to wait until the lease is over.... then move.
If her name is NOT on the lease, then you will have to pursue the full eviction process as required by your state laws.

JETX

sjayk58 said:
Her name is on nothing and I own my house.
Then you will have to start the formal eviction process as dictated by your state laws..... starting with a written notice to terminate her 'at will' month-to-month 'lease'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">