• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandfather goes through my bra's, underwears and pads. Do I have a case against him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torontogirl25

Hi. I'm a 25 year old female in Toronto. I set up a spy cam through an iMacs webcam to spy on who goes through my stuff while i'm at work. I did this because I was suspicious my things were being touched. I set it up 6 days ago and since then my grandfather has been going through the stuff in my closet daily. I have all of the video recordings. He has touched my bra's, underwears multiple times and i'm disgusted. He also went through my purse and wallet. I have all of it on video.
Do I have a case against him?
Other details:
The room is mine, but the house (apartment) is his. I've been living with them for over two years now.
My drivers licence, health cards etc have their address on it. So legally I live there.
The iMac is not mine. It is theirs (used by my cousins).
90% of the stuff in the closet is mine. There are only a few bedsheets which are theirs that are kept there but they're kept very high up (need a stool to get them) and they're things they'd only want to get maybe a few times a year.
The videos show them snooping, not coming there to get their stuff or anything.

Just Blue

Hi. I'm a 25 year old female in Toronto. I set up a spy cam through an iMacs webcam to spy on who goes through my stuff while i'm at work. I did this because I was suspicious my things were being touched. I set it up 6 days ago and since then my grandfather has been going through the stuff in my closet daily. I have all of the video recordings. He has touched my bra's, underwears multiple times and i'm disgusted. He also went through my purse and wallet. I have all of it on video.
Do I have a case against him?
Other details:
The room is mine, but the house (apartment) is his. I've been living with them for over two years now.
My drivers licence, health cards etc have their address on it. So legally I live there.
The iMac is not mine. It is theirs (used by my cousins).
90% of the stuff in the closet is mine. There are only a few bedsheets which are theirs that are kept there but they're kept very high up (need a stool to get them) and they're things they'd only want to get maybe a few times a year.
The videos show them snooping, not coming there to get their stuff or anything.
I don't care what Country you are in...Move away from the Perv. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's quite possible that he has a neurological condition. Has he been assessed for dementia?

CdwJava

What kind of case? A lawsuit? A criminal case?

If you want to keep him out, put a lock on the door. Better yet, move out and get your own place.

It's creepy, but it may not be criminal. Though Canadian law in this area may be different than US law so you will have to check with a local attorney.

davew128

Not legal advice, but life advice. Set up a sting where he ends up going through undergarments (preferably those you wish to never wear again) and finds himself covered in a substance or smell that might deter him from doing so in the future. I'd list potential items, but I think you get where this is going.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">