• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents persue grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Scooby Does

I recently moved to Virginia from Massachusetts. My ex and I were never married, he left and we haven't heard from him. The grandparents have already persued me in an action to be granted a gardian at liedem ( sp? ) which they were denied. Then we were all ordered to attend three mediation sessions where it was concluded that the grandparents would no longer attempt contact with my daughter and I unless we made contact first. Then I catch wind that they filed for grandparents rights to visitation. There son is no longer involved in his daughters life and the grandparents also kidnapped my daughter once already. How can I keep them from obtaining any visitaion with my daughter, and still beable to move back to Massachusetts? In Mass. I was recognized as having sole custody of my daughter. I am afraid that they will beable to see her if I move back into Mass. What do I do now?
Thank You
Sara Henderson

LegalBeagle

Scooby Does said:
I recently moved to Virginia from Massachusetts. My ex and I were never married, he left and we haven't heard from him. The grandparents have already persued me in an action to be granted a gardian at liedem ( sp? ) which they were denied. Then we were all ordered to attend three mediation sessions where it was concluded that the grandparents would no longer attempt contact with my daughter and I unless we made contact first. Then I catch wind that they filed for grandparents rights to visitation. There son is no longer involved in his daughters life and the grandparents also kidnapped my daughter once already. How can I keep them from obtaining any visitaion with my daughter, and still beable to move back to Massachusetts? In Mass. I was recognized as having sole custody of my daughter. I am afraid that they will beable to see her if I move back into Mass. What do I do now?
Thank You
Sara Henderson
You get an good attorney who will inform the court of their past actions and also the US Supreme Court has ruled that they have no rights to control your life and demand that you give up your child for visitation. Do you know for sure that they have filed the petition for visitation ? You need to check on this incase they are trying to lie to a court and get an order by default.

I would also rethink your move back to MA if you are going to be near the GP.

S

Scooby Does

order a default?

I was informed by my attorney that the grandparents attorney had filed the paperwork for grandparents visitation. I was also told about filing a petition myself to keep the grandparents out of my daughters life. My only option was to move out of state. The grandparents are already controlling my life by this move. The court was already informed of all of the grandparents previous attempts at my daughter. What is the safest way to insure they can't touch me, no matter where I live.
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">