• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It was granted...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Ukiah

We went to court today concerning the change of venue. We waited a while for the X to show, and to my suprise he did not. I thought maybe he had an atty who was going to represent him, but there wasn't one, then I thought the Judge was going to continue the case until he heard from my X, but he didn't. My attorney stood up there and told the Judge that he hasn't heard anytihng from my X and there is nothing filed against the motion, and wanted it considered non-contested. the Judge AGREED!!

The thing that confused me was that the Judge said that the case also contained Support matters, and that part of the case will be staying in the old County, but the Custody portion of the case will be moved to the new county where my X resides. Why, if my X has moved, does the case for support stay in that county when he doesn't live there> [/B] Is it because he hasn't told the FSD that he's moved? [/B]

So now we wait til the case is transfered to the new county to make our next move. I will be taking some time from everything for a week or so and sleeping! I am sooo tired from getting prepared (and over prepared) that I have worn my self out!!

Thank you IAAL and everyone else for putting up with all the questions and "what if's". You all are good people!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dear Ukiah:

Just acknowledging your post, and congrats to you - - at least for your partial victory. "1 down, 2 to go."

We'll be here for you, kiddo.

IAAL

L

LadyBlu

Congratulations Ukiah,
Will keep you in my prayers. I know that this will turn out in your favor. :)

JYoung had some good news this morning also..
Seems we have alot of winners on the boards these days..

U

Ukiah

LadyBlu said:

Seems we have alot of winners on the boards these days..
LB2;That's because we all have had great help not only with our "problems" But with our confidence. I'm happy for JYoung too!!

I really think that my X didn't show up because he thought our court date was on Thursday instead of Tuesday. Either way, I'm glad we had no problems.

The next part of this IS going to be tougher, I know I'll be a little more nervous in a new court, but then it's what I wanted. I just hope that saying doesn't come back to haunt me... Careful what you wish for...LOL.

The attorney says after the case is transfered, we'll go to mediation where I can drop my bomb about wanting custody. I'd die of a heart attack if he says "OK" without a fight. none-the-less, I'd be happier than a hog on a Harley.

Thank you all for your support! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">