• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green card name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NIZIR05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused:cALIFORNIA

MY SISTER IN LAW IS IN AMERICA WITH A GREEN CARD. NOW THAT SHE HAS MARRIED DOES IT MATTER IF THE GREEN CARD HAS HER MAIDEN NAME? SHOULD SHE CHANGE IT OR DOES IT MATTER?
HOW CAN SHE GO ABOUT DOING THAT?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

MY SISTER IN LAW IS IN AMERICA WITH A GREEN CARD. NOW THAT SHE HAS MARRIED DOES IT MATTER IF THE GREEN CARD HAS HER MAIDEN NAME? SHOULD SHE CHANGE IT OR DOES IT MATTER?
what type of green card?

Proserpina

Assuming you're talking about her permanent residency card, changing the name on her card is fairly simple.

USCIS - Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

(This actually leads to the USCIS page dealing with replacing such cards - which is what she needs to do)

She may also need to change her social security card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">