• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srworld08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I have legal guardianship of my granddaughter. I allowed who may be the father of my granddaughter take her for two weeks against my better judgement per my granddaughters mother. He will now not return her. He is not on her birth certificate and paternity has no been determined. They are married but were only together for 1 month. What are my rights as legal guardian and how do I handle getting her back? I would like her in a neutral position and a stable position until this matter can be resolved. Please help!!!!

Proserpina

I have legal guardianship of my granddaughter. I allowed who may be the father of my granddaughter take her for two weeks against my better judgement per my granddaughters mother. He will now not return her. He is not on her birth certificate and paternity has no been determined. They are married but were only together for 1 month. What are my rights as legal guardian and how do I handle getting her back? I would like her in a neutral position and a stable position until this matter can be resolved. Please help!!!!
Are they married but living separately?

How did you get guardianship? (this might be important)

Proserpina

Are they married but living separately? Were they married when child was born?

How did you get guardianship? (this might be important)

BL

You need to if necessary,have your order(s) in hand ,call the Law and have them accompany you to retrieve the child under your legal guardianship.

Check with the court first to make sure your guardianship hasn't been revoked back to the mother .

If this " alleged " father has the child and has no rights ,he could technically be charged with a crime .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">