• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship of elder family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brt6db

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pennsylvania My father in law is just home from the hospital he had a stroke, and on Friday 11/06/09 he was to see the doctor for a checkup he never went, claims the doctor called and said he had an emergeny. Called the doctor my father inlaw never showed up, my wife and I live 100 miles from his home, he is 78 will be 79 in 2 months can we get him in a nursing home and be come his guardians.

ecmst12

Maybe you should go visit with him for a few weeks and help him out. Then you can see for yourselves if he really can't take care of himself.

What I'm really hearing in your post is, I only care enough about my parent's well being to the extent it doesn't personally inconvenience me or my family.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">