• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship report and accounting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ponyta

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I hired an attorney last year in 2013 to get guardianship of my 23 year old son while he was having mental problems. I did get guardianship and my attorney prepared and filed a guardian report and accounting in 2013. My understanding is that the guardian report and accounting needs to be done yearly. The attorney told me that only an attorney can file the reports and wants $600 to file for 2014. Can I do this myself or do I really need to hire an attorney every year to do it for me? If I can do the guardian report and accounting myself, where do I get the form?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I hired an attorney last year in 2013 to get guardianship of my 23 year old son while he was having mental problems. I did get guardianship and my attorney prepared and filed a guardian report and accounting in 2013. My understanding is that the guardian report and accounting needs to be done yearly. The attorney told me that only an attorney can file the reports and wants $600 to file for 2014. Can I do this myself or do I really need to hire an attorney every year to do it for me? If I can do the guardian report and accounting myself, where do I get the form?
http://www.firstjudicialcircuit.org/programs-and-services/family-law/family-law-pro-se-self-help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">