• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment from husbands ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eadie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I live in Ohio. My husband and his ex-wife have a shared parenting plan. She was to pay half of medical and buy his clothes and pay school fees. Everything was going along okay, but she would not ever send us money for his medical bill. She is a paralegal. My husband hired an attorney to collect for the medical bills. Then all **** broke loose. We filed in March 2004. We still havent been in front of the judge. She has postponed the hearing around 5 times. She is suing for full custody and wants him to pay child support. She calls me and harassess me on the phone alll the time. She has had the sheriff knocking on my door 3 times, the last being last night. Can anyone give me any advice?

Gracie3787

eadie said:
She calls me and harassess me on the phone alll the time. She has had the sheriff knocking on my door 3 times, the last being last night. Can anyone give me any advice?
What kind of things does she say when she calls?
Unless she is making threats you may have to get caller ID, and let your Husband take the calls.

What was the Sheriff at your door for, and are you sure that his ex is behind the Sheriff's visits?

IF she is making any kind of threats at all, and IF you have any proof of it, you can file for a protective order.
But I will tell you from my own experience that Judges don't like to do protective orders for wives of NCP's against their hubby's ex, so you may have an uphill battle.

You could also try talking to your Husband's attorney about the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">