• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

having someone committed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MissUnderstood

What is the name of your state? WA...
What can a relative do legally to have someone committed who recently turned 18? This young lady who recently turned 18 has been caught stealing twice in the past 3 weeks. Shes had numerous sexual escapades with ppl she doesnt even know...as much as 5 in one day, shes abusive, extremely violent...easily agitated, her mind is all over the place and has even attempted suicide. She was on some antidepressants and then suddenly flew to CA then to AZ, all on someone else's dime and left her medication there. Is there any way to have her legally put some place just to have some evaluation so that she doesnt hurt herself or someone else? When she arrived home, she spent the first two nites in jail. The first nite for theft @ WAL-MART (todays theft hotspot I presume) and the second for domestic violence. I dont know if this is the right place to ask the question...Im not asking for medical advice, just what can be done legally if anything?

Shay-Pari'e

MissUnderstood said:
What is the name of your state? WA...
What can a relative do legally to have someone committed who recently turned 18? This young lady who recently turned 18 has been caught stealing twice in the past 3 weeks. Shes had numerous sexual escapades with ppl she doesnt even know...as much as 5 in one day, shes abusive, extremely violent...easily agitated, her mind is all over the place and has even attempted suicide. She was on some antidepressants and then suddenly flew to CA then to AZ, all on someone else's dime and left her medication there. Is there any way to have her legally put some place just to have some evaluation so that she doesnt hurt herself or someone else? When she arrived home, she spent the first two nites in jail. The first nite for theft @ WAL-MART (todays theft hotspot I presume) and the second for domestic violence. I dont know if this is the right place to ask the question...Im not asking for medical advice, just what can be done legally if anything?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You cannot force her into rehab.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">