• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having spouse committed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Konnersmama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.
I'm trying to find out if, as a spouse, one can have the other committed for rehab or even mental health?
My friend is an admitted severe alcoholic....now on the hunt for drugs to in her words "self medicate b/c the so called drugs the psychiatrist gave me don't do s**t for me". She now drives under the influence/drunk....she stopped by the other day, reeking of vodka and her eyes so glazed....and drove off. Her husband is at a loss....she won't get help but can he somehow get the help they need (there are also 2 kids involved)? he has documented all her behavior (drinking, drugs etc).....she's currently on probation for assault & battery (against a 15 y/o and another woman)....
She has been diagnosed with bipolar and manic depression....she refuses her meds and "self medicates"....can her husband do anything for her (he has her in counseling but they're all "full of it" according to her)....
Thanks!

Konnersmama

THANK YOU!!!! That's what I was looking for just didn't know how to begin! I'm going to go over it and take it down to him. I think he needs to see he can get her the help kwim?
I'm so scared for her, her family and the innocent people she's putting into danger.....I hope she'll be able to get well!
Thank you again:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">