• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

having trouble with cps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beanber

What is the name of your state? indiana. cps has come in because they think im abusing my 4 yearold son. First let me say I am not abusing him.My son is extremely active little boy who likes to roughhouse with his 8 yearold brother,or he used to before all this started.he no longer wants to go out and play or ride his bike because he is afraid he will fall and get hurt. Dcs has had him interviewed by someone from the states cps team and by a state police detective. He has been seen by the states cps head doctor had x-rays from head to toe he has had extensive blood work done. Although dcs has not heard back from the detective or the doctor they turned around and opened a case against me in court ,they had me sign a paper with 11 things on it i have to follow exactly or i will be held in contempt of court. Im at my wits end I dont know what to do because i know i dont abuse my kids or are they being abused by anyone else.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? indiana. cps has come in because they think im abusing my 4 yearold son. First let me say I am not abusing him.My son is extremely active little boy who likes to roughhouse with his 8 yearold brother,or he used to before all this started.he no longer wants to go out and play or ride his bike because he is afraid he will fall and get hurt. Dcs has had him interviewed by someone from the states cps team and by a state police detective. He has been seen by the states cps head doctor had x-rays from head to toe he has had extensive blood work done. Although dcs has not heard back from the detective or the doctor they turned around and opened a case against me in court ,they had me sign a paper with 11 things on it i have to follow exactly or i will be held in contempt of court. Im at my wits end I dont know what to do because i know i dont abuse my kids or are they being abused by anyone else.
CPS does NOT take a parent to court without some very good reasons, so there is something you are leaving out.

What exactly are the allegations that have been made?

When a report of possible abuse or neglect is made, CPS does an investiagation BEFORE they even think of court. Apparently, there is something that has come up in thier investigation that they believe is true.

Do you know, or do you have any idea as to who initially filed the report?

You really need to get a consult with a local attorney. In the mean time, do EVERYTHING that CPS asks you to do, no matter what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">