• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he wont move out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dpsw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
I own the house that we are living in. i bought it and we moved in it together but I am the sole owner. The money came from an insurance settlement I received from a car accident. I have told him several times I want him to move out. relationship is over. what do I have to do legally because I am ready to start putting his things on the curb. Ands theres A LOT of stuff.

ecmst12

Assuming you are not married, the process begins when you give him 30 days WRITTEN notice to move. If he does not move by the end of the notice period, you file for eviction in court.

dpsw

thank you for responding. no we are not married. but really? 30 days....thats going to feel like forever. things are not pleasant. and dont want the kids to hear any more than they already have.

Just Blue

thank you for responding. no we are not married. but really? 30 days....thats going to feel like forever. things are not pleasant. and dont want the kids to hear any more than they already have.
Are "the kids" his children as well?

ecmst12

Could take quite a bit longer if he wants to drag his heels and makes you take him to court. Tenants have rights. He's a tenant. You should be very selective with people you allow to live in your house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">