• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Care Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kchrist

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My Husband walked out on us back in November 2007. He has come back several times, but continually has moved out after being home a week or two weeks. He had a job in which provided him insurance at no cost to him, but would have cost him to add his family. I was covering myself, my two childern and him on my insurance. We he stated he had insurance and I could tell he had no plans on adding his daughter, I took him off my insurance, but checked with my HR department to make sure this could be done even though we were not divorced. I did this back in May and at the end of May he was fired from his job. Since he has not filed divorce parts is it illegal for me not to have him on my insurance, if he does not have any insurance?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My Husband walked out on us back in November 2007. He has come back several times, but continually has moved out after being home a week or two weeks. He had a job in which provided him insurance at no cost to him, but would have cost him to add his family. I was covering myself, my two childern and him on my insurance. We he stated he had insurance and I could tell he had no plans on adding his daughter, I took him off my insurance, but checked with my HR department to make sure this could be done even though we were not divorced. I did this back in May and at the end of May he was fired from his job. Since he has not filed divorce parts is it illegal for me not to have him on my insurance, if he does not have any insurance?
Its not illegal, but it may not be wise. You are still married to him and it could be a real problem if something expensive happens to him medically.

Maybe you should just file for divorce and get it over with as quickly as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">