• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Healthcare for myself and not husband? Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenjenb

Ohio.

I know this is federal hopefully I have this in the correct forum.

I am getting ready to sign up for the healthcare.gov. I have been filing and paying my taxes each year. My husband and I both have separate businesses. He hasnt files for 2 years and going on 3 years for 2014. I have no idea what his AGI would be. Can I just enroll for health insurance for myself? for 2015? I have to have insurance and I don’t have a clue how to include him if he hasn’t filed his taxes.

Thanks for any info I can get for this.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohio.

I am getting ready to sign up for the healthcare.gov. I have been filing and paying my taxes each year. My husband and I both have separate businesses. He hasnt files for 2 years and going on 3 years for 2014. I have no idea what his AGI would be. Can I just enroll for health insurance for myself? for 2015? I have to have insurance and I don’t have a clue how to include him if he hasn’t filed his taxes.

He needs to file taxes. Or you have issues as well. Why hasn't he filed for two years (going on 3 years)? You can attempt to sign up on healthcare.gov. But your husband needs to quit being a scofflaw.

LdiJ

Ohio.

Its going to be a problem for you. Someone filing married filing separately is not eligible for any subsidies...particularly if their spouse has not filed their tax returns at all. If you are ok with paying the full, unsubsidized cost of the insurance then go for it. Otherwise, you need to talk him into at least filing his tax returns.

jenjenb

Its going to be a problem for you. Someone filing married filing separately is not eligible for any subsidies....
Yeah, I figured that, but he has not attempted to file, I have to have insurance for 2015 NO if / ands/ or buts. It suck living with someone that doesn't give a crap any more about taxes and his wife's well being. I guess I'm going to have to try to get insurance guessing on his salary. I put off 2014 for the same reason and I have had cancer in the past and I know that it is 90% reoccurring (if not 100%) and will have to have surgery in the very near future.

I wrote on here awhile ago about our assets, house etc. since he doesn't file. And I thank God that every thing is in my name. And will protect the assets. This site is awesome for people like me that don't know the laws.

I appreciate the replies if there is any other advice that you can give me please do. Thank you.

LdiJ

Yeah, I figured that, but he has not attempted to file, I have to have insurance for 2015 NO if / ands/ or buts. It suck living with someone that doesn't give a crap any more about taxes and his wife's well being. I guess I'm going to have to try to get insurance guessing on his salary. I put off 2014 for the same reason and I have had cancer in the past and I know that it is 90% reoccurring (if not 100%) and will have to have surgery in the very near future.

I wrote on here awhile ago about our assets, house etc. since he doesn't file. And I thank God that every thing is in my name. And will protect the assets. This site is awesome for people like me that don't know the laws.

I appreciate the replies if there is any other advice that you can give me please do. Thank you.
You could of course, get divorced, and remove him from your financial equation entirely.

jenjenb

You could of course, get divorced, and remove him from your financial equation entirely.
Yeah, seems that would be the only way. We'll see how 2015 goes as far as him filing taxes. Only if we could see the future I would have never said " I Do " ... heh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">